Your Gay Agenda
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 06 2009 12:00 AM ET
Equality Forum April 27-May 3One of the best gay cultural events in the United States, Equality Forum is billed as the largest annual national and international GLBT civil rights conference -- and a weeklong party. If you read this in time, get yourself to the SundayOUT! bash May 3. If you miss this year's events, start planning for next year. EqualityForum.com
21st Annual Pride Day June 14This year's 21st annual Pride Day coincides with International Gay and Lesbian Pride Month -- which means a double serving of live beats, drag shows, and revelry. PhillyPride.org
11th Annual SportsweekJune 5-14 Sportsweek brings together athletes from Philadelphia and the entire East Coast, packing the city with jocks of every persuasion just in time for Pride weekend. Team Philadelphia offers spirited events like last year's "ReGAYtta" dragon boat race. TeamPhiladelphia.org
Let Freedom Ring at the Liberty Bell Center July 4 There's nowhere better to spend Independence Day than the place it all started, and this event sets off a nationwide ringing ceremony, as descendants of the signers of the Declaration of Independence give the Liberty Bell a symbolic "tap" (no earplugs required). Let-Freedom-Ring.org
Philadelphia QFestJuly 9-19Formerly the Philadelphia International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, the rebranded QFest will present more than 250 films, documentaries, and shorts, with two full weeks of uninhibited programming (like last year's sing-along Mamma Mia!) and colorful parties. QFest.com
Autumn's Colors at Longwood Gardens September 7- November 23 The prestigious Philadelphia Flower Show is a springtime favorite, but once summer winds down, locals will tell you that a jaunt out to Longwood Gardens is well worth the three-mile drive. For two months the 1,000+ acres' 40 indoor and outdoor gardens transform into an autumnal utopia (complete with monster pumpkins).
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 11 min 20 sec ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 28 min 40 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 51 min 43 sec ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 57 min 46 sec ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 1 hour 53 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 2 hours 23 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 11:07 AM