Gayest Cities in America
BY Mike Albo
January 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
Check out the 2012 Gayest Cities in America list!
Gay issues have never been more of a lightning rod. Pop culture has never been so gleefully gay. And politicians have never been more gay-accepting — or at least gay-aware. But no matter how visible LGBT people seem to be, there are some folks who still think we all live in Chelsea, West Hollywood, and the Castro. But, of course, that’s far from the case.
Using a completely unscientific — but still strangely accurate — statistical equation, The Advocate has come up with a diverse and surprising list of where gay people are living, loving, voting, and creating communities. This list demonstrates that the homosexual agenda is spreading across the 50 states — from Washington, D.C., to Vancouver, Wash. — and especially, it seems, in the heartland. Like it or not, America, LGBT is more a part of the USA than ever before.
Click through the the following pages to see the top 15 gayest cities.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media