Hard Rock Hotel: Wedding Destination?
BY Sunnivie Brydum
February 08 2013 12:25 PM ET
When it comes to dream destinations for lavish weddings, tropical locales like Hawaii and the Caribbean are likely to top the list. But for those couples who want an elaborate special day befitting the biggest celebrity, the 16 Hard Rock Hotels around the world are ready to treat you and your partner like the rock stars you are.
As it turns out, “Love All, Serve All” has become more than just a slogan at the 174 worldwide locations for the Hard Rock family of cafés, hotels, performance venues, and casinos (HardRockHotels.com/wedding). It’s a way of life and a central business tenet for the legendary chain, which, says Hard Rock spokeswoman Linda Villafane, now hosts same-sex weddings and commitment ceremonies in all of its locations around the world, including the brand-new Hard Rock Hotels in Cancún and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
And since the Mexican Supreme Court last December struck down a same-sex marriage ban in the southern state of Oaxaca, marriage equality is well on its way south of the border.
That means you and your sweetheart have no reason not to celebrate your commitment at one of three Mexican Hard Rock locations, including Cancún, the new all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel in Riviera Maya, and the gorgeous, funky Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta, where guest rooms include double Jacuzzis and four-star cuisine is available with 24-hour room service — all set against the sugar-white sand and crystal-clear blue of the Pacific Ocean.
Offering destination weddings at properties in Bali, Singapore, Las Vegas, Chicago and more, Hard Rock has proved it knows how to host an event to remember.
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Op-ed: In Defense of Jared Leto
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM