'The New F Word' Gives Bullying the Bird
BY Jase Peeples
June 05 2013 4:00 AM ET
Friend Movement, a new grassroots antibullying organization created by Ronnie Kroell and Elliot London, has joined the battle to end bullying with a powerful celebrity-studded campaign.
“The New F Word” campaign evokes a strong message of self-empowerment by literally giving bullying “the bird,” while encouraging youth to stop using words like fatty, freak, and faggot by choosing to be a friend instead.
Friend Movement has an impressive goal of shooting 10,000 photos in 90 days across 40 cities in hopes of raising global awareness of the antibullying cause. Many stars have already participated in the campaign, including Adam Lambert, Tim Gunn, Darren Criss, and more.
In addition to the campaign, the organization has also planned the Friend Movement Benefit Concert scheduled for July 1 featuring headliner LeAnn Rimes.
On the following pages, take a look at a handful of the celebrities who have already posed for the campaign, adding their star power to battle against bullying. And for more information visit www.friendmovement.com.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation