Celebration of Craftswomen
BY Christopher Harrity
November 05 2011 3:00 AM ET
For the past three decades, The Women’s Building Celebration of Craftswomen has allowed Bay Area residents, along with visitors of San Francisco from around the world, to discover the work of the nation’s best female artisans and fine artists.
The Celebration of Craftswomen is San Francisco’s largest holiday fine crafts retail fair, and the largest event celebrating the craft of women in the nation. The event is sponsored by and is a benefit for The Women’s Building, a community service center serving women and girls in San Francisco.
Featured at the Celebration of Craftswomen are contemporary and traditional handcrafted items, including ceramic and glass vessels, sculpture, stone and precious metal jewelry, clothing, photography, and art.
The Crafts fair also offers live music, gourmet food, a benefit raffle, demonstrations, and a silent auction.
The dates this year are November 11, 12, and 13. The new location is the Fort Mason Center, Festival Pavilion, San Francisco.
For more information: CelebrationofCraftswomen.org.
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM