Celebration of Craftswomen
BY Christopher Harrity
November 05 2011 3:00 AM ET
For the past three decades, The Women’s Building Celebration of Craftswomen has allowed Bay Area residents, along with visitors of San Francisco from around the world, to discover the work of the nation’s best female artisans and fine artists.
The Celebration of Craftswomen is San Francisco’s largest holiday fine crafts retail fair, and the largest event celebrating the craft of women in the nation. The event is sponsored by and is a benefit for The Women’s Building, a community service center serving women and girls in San Francisco.
Featured at the Celebration of Craftswomen are contemporary and traditional handcrafted items, including ceramic and glass vessels, sculpture, stone and precious metal jewelry, clothing, photography, and art.
The Crafts fair also offers live music, gourmet food, a benefit raffle, demonstrations, and a silent auction.
The dates this year are November 11, 12, and 13. The new location is the Fort Mason Center, Festival Pavilion, San Francisco.
For more information: CelebrationofCraftswomen.org.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment