Artist Spotlight: Blake Little
BY Christopher Harrity
September 21 2013 3:02 AM ET
Manifest is a progression from photographer Blake Little's groundbreaking book The Company of Men. Little's documentation of a new gay masculinity continues as he pushes his portraiture in different ways. His visual vocabulary has evolved from the more formal structure of his earlier pictures, taking more chances and benefiting from this freedom. This time the photographs are were taken both in and out of his Los Angeles studio and in England, Canada, and all over the U.S. Some are more intimate than he has ever presented before, surprisingly so. He also captures couples for the first time, presenting portraits of real relationships. Manifest features 104 remarkable photos of compelling men with a powerful, humorous, and heartfelt foreword by actor and icon Nick Offerman.
Manifest, edited by Frank Rodriguez and designed by Sean Adams, is available this month.
MANIFEST BLAKE LITTLE
BLAKE LITTLE PHOTOGRAPHY
Click through for a selection of images from Manifest. >>>
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 16 min 38 sec ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 25 min 32 sec ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 1 hour 8 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 2 hours 9 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 2 hours 13 min ago
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 3:07 PM