Zombie Eye for the Living Guy Offers Food, Makeup Tips for the LGBT Undead
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 31 2012 3:00 AM ET
Out author J.M. Hewitt wants you to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse — by making sure you've got plenty of party snacks to entertain the undead. In his ode to do-it-yourself zombie mayhem, Zombie Eye for the Living Guy: Look Undead, Cook Undead, Dress Undead and Live Undead, Hewitt offers readers advice on how to cultivate the look, attitude and lifestyle of the undead — including the undead LGBT segment.
A self described "Zombie whisperer," Hewitt dishes out spooky recipes and makeup advice, modeled in stunning photographs by gay and lesbian models. Zombie Eye contains all the essentials for acquiring that debonair, decomposing chic and mystique - just in time for Halloween.
Keep reading to find recipes for an Eyeball Martini and a morbid take on the classic mini-sandwich, Baby Fingers. Recipes from Zombie Eye for the Living Guy: Look Undead, Cook Undead, Dress Undead and Live Undead (Marion Street Press, October 2012), appear courtesy of Marion Street Press. Purchase the book and find more information at IPGbook.com.
The complex flavor of this mixture will have all your guests talking and asking for more.
1.5 oz vodka
.75 oz dry vermouth
Rim the glass with the mangosteen juice. Shake vodka and vermouth together in a shaker with several ice cubes. Strain into a cocktail glass, and garnish with a segment of mangosteen.
These crunchy variations on the original lady fingers will turn heads and elicit crazed smiles.
4 eggs, separated
2/3 cup white sugar
7/8 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups simple syrup
8 pairs of chicken feet
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Chop claws off chicken feet and wash well. Blanch in boiling water for one minute. Drain well. Chop into two sections and fry until golden brown, then soak in simple syrup until puffy. Set aside.
Line two 17" x 12" baking sheets with baking parchment. Fit large pastry bag with a plain 1/2-inch round tube. Place egg whites in bowl and beat on high until soft peaks start to form. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and continue beating until mixture is stiff and glossy. In another bowl, beat egg yolks and remaining sugar. Whip until thick and very pale in color. Sift flour and baking powder together on a sheet of wax paper. Fold half the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Fols in flour, and then add the remaining egg whites. Transfer mixture to pastry bag, and pipe out onto greased baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and insert chicken feet pieces lengthwise (like finger bones). Let cool and serve.
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM