Channing, Waterston to star as Matthew Shepards parents
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2001 1:00 AM ET
Goldie Hawn, along with Alliance Atlantiss Peter Sussman and Ed Gernon (Life With Judy Garland: Me and My Shadows), will be producing a biographical film for NBC about the murder of Matthew Shepard and how his parents have tried to turn the resulting pain into a way to stop the cycle of hate. Stockard Channing will play Judy Shepard, a private woman turned by circumstance into a public activist against hate crimes, especially against those in the gay and lesbian community. Sam Waterston will play the part of her husband, Dennis Shepard. Roger Spottiswoode (And The Band Played On...) is set to direct.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- See Me: Derrick Cobb
- PHOTOS: Homeless LGBT Youth Become Visible
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'