Lennons gay fling confirmed
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2001 1:00 AM ET
John Lennons one-night stand with the Beatles gay manager, Brian Epstein, has been confirmed in a new book. Deutsche Presse-Agentur reports that the long-rumored fling has made it into Hunter Davies's book The Quarrymen, the story of the band that preceded the Beatles. Davies claims that Lennon first told him the story in 1968, but he did not include it in his Beatles biography published that year because he knew Lennon to be straight and simply did not want to believe it. A subsequent interview with one of Lennons best friends from the Quarrymen, Pete Shotton, convinced the author of the truth of the rumor.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series