Lennons gay fling confirmed
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2001 1:00 AM ET
John Lennons one-night stand with the Beatles gay manager, Brian Epstein, has been confirmed in a new book. Deutsche Presse-Agentur reports that the long-rumored fling has made it into Hunter Davies's book The Quarrymen, the story of the band that preceded the Beatles. Davies claims that Lennon first told him the story in 1968, but he did not include it in his Beatles biography published that year because he knew Lennon to be straight and simply did not want to believe it. A subsequent interview with one of Lennons best friends from the Quarrymen, Pete Shotton, convinced the author of the truth of the rumor.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'