Jane Anderson’s Looking For Normal premieres in Los Angeles
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Lesbian writer Jane Anderson (The Baby Dance) will have the world premiere of her new play, Looking For Normal, at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles. Looking For Normal will star Beau Bridges (The Fabulous Baker Boys) and Laurie Metcalf (Roseanne) as a happily married Midwestern couple whose lives turn upside down when Bridgess character announces he intends to have a sex-change operation. In dealing with this revelation, the family is forced to explore definitions of love, family, and gender. Michael Learned (The Waltons) will be featured as the grandmother. The play, currently in previews, has its official opening on April 11 and runs through May 6. The Geffen Playhouse is located at 10886 Le Conte Avenue in Westwood Village, just off the UCLA campus. Tickets can be purchased either through the theater box office, (310) 208-5454, or through Ticketmaster, (213) 365-3500.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members