Jane Anderson’s Looking For Normal premieres in Los Angeles
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Lesbian writer Jane Anderson (The Baby Dance) will have the world premiere of her new play, Looking For Normal, at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles. Looking For Normal will star Beau Bridges (The Fabulous Baker Boys) and Laurie Metcalf (Roseanne) as a happily married Midwestern couple whose lives turn upside down when Bridgess character announces he intends to have a sex-change operation. In dealing with this revelation, the family is forced to explore definitions of love, family, and gender. Michael Learned (The Waltons) will be featured as the grandmother. The play, currently in previews, has its official opening on April 11 and runs through May 6. The Geffen Playhouse is located at 10886 Le Conte Avenue in Westwood Village, just off the UCLA campus. Tickets can be purchased either through the theater box office, (310) 208-5454, or through Ticketmaster, (213) 365-3500.
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend