Nathan Lane wins Outer Critics Circle Award
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Producers has just opened, and already the awards are pouring in; Nathan Lane has walked off with the Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Actor in a Musical, one of eight wins for the show, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The award was presented to Lane by his costar and fellow nominee, Matthew Broderick. Winners from other productions include Mary Louise Parker as Best Actress in a Play for Proof; Christine Ebersole for Best Actress in a Musical for 42nd Street; and Richard Easton for Best Actor in a Play as well as Robert Sean Leonard as Best Featured Actor, both for playing the role of the gay 19th-century scholar A.E. Housman in Tom Stoppards play The Invention of Love.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV