Michael Barrymores ex revealed to be HIV-positive
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 12 2001 12:00 AM ET
Londons News of the World reports that gay British TV personality Michael Barrymore, currently under investigation for possession of drugs and a drowning in the pool of his estate, has recently discovered that his ex-lover John Kenney has tested positive for HIV. The two were checked in to the rehab center the Priory, where they had both gone after the drowning of a factory worker in Barrymores pool during a late-night party, when Kenney revealed his status. Kenney insists that the two never had unprotected sex, and Barrymore has so far tested negative for the virus. Barrymore is currently undergoing treatment at the Meadows in Tucson, Ariz., before he is due to report back to the Harlow police station in London on August 15.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage