Soaps raise funds for pediatric AIDS
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2001 12:00 AM ET
The ABC soap operas General Hospital and Port Charles will be auctioning off gowns and costumes from the eighth annual Nurses Ball to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. The Nurses Ball is a gala event that is worked into the story lines of both shows as a way of raising awareness of HIV/AIDS. Quilts from the Names Project will be incorporated into the set to reinforce the message. The Nurses Ball will air over a three-day period, ending Friday, June 29. The auction is running through June 28 and is being conducted on the network Web site, www.abc.com.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Wyoming Won't Appeal Marriage Equality