Soaps raise funds for pediatric AIDS
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2001 12:00 AM ET
The ABC soap operas General Hospital and Port Charles will be auctioning off gowns and costumes from the eighth annual Nurses Ball to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. The Nurses Ball is a gala event that is worked into the story lines of both shows as a way of raising awareness of HIV/AIDS. Quilts from the Names Project will be incorporated into the set to reinforce the message. The Nurses Ball will air over a three-day period, ending Friday, June 29. The auction is running through June 28 and is being conducted on the network Web site, www.abc.com.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either