Soaps raise funds for pediatric AIDS
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2001 12:00 AM ET
The ABC soap operas General Hospital and Port Charles will be auctioning off gowns and costumes from the eighth annual Nurses Ball to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. The Nurses Ball is a gala event that is worked into the story lines of both shows as a way of raising awareness of HIV/AIDS. Quilts from the Names Project will be incorporated into the set to reinforce the message. The Nurses Ball will air over a three-day period, ending Friday, June 29. The auction is running through June 28 and is being conducted on the network Web site, www.abc.com.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'