Prozac Nation, with Anne Heche, opens at Toronto festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 11 2001 12:00 AM ET
Prozac Nation, a story about a young woman battling clinical depression as a Harvard undergrad, opened at the Toronto Film Festival last weekend. Christina Ricci, who also coproduced the film, stars as Elizabeth, a talented writer dealing with a depression problem. Anne Heche plays Ricci's therapist who prescribes Prozac as cure-all for "Lizzie's" problems. Also appearing are Michelle Williams (If These Wall Could Talk 2), Jessica Lange, and Jason Biggs.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'