Prozac Nation, with Anne Heche, opens at Toronto festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 11 2001 12:00 AM ET
Prozac Nation, a story about a young woman battling clinical depression as a Harvard undergrad, opened at the Toronto Film Festival last weekend. Christina Ricci, who also coproduced the film, stars as Elizabeth, a talented writer dealing with a depression problem. Anne Heche plays Ricci's therapist who prescribes Prozac as cure-all for "Lizzie's" problems. Also appearing are Michelle Williams (If These Wall Could Talk 2), Jessica Lange, and Jason Biggs.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf