Prozac Nation, with Anne Heche, opens at Toronto festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 11 2001 12:00 AM ET
Prozac Nation, a story about a young woman battling clinical depression as a Harvard undergrad, opened at the Toronto Film Festival last weekend. Christina Ricci, who also coproduced the film, stars as Elizabeth, a talented writer dealing with a depression problem. Anne Heche plays Ricci's therapist who prescribes Prozac as cure-all for "Lizzie's" problems. Also appearing are Michelle Williams (If These Wall Could Talk 2), Jessica Lange, and Jason Biggs.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad