Long-running British soap EastEnders gets new gay character
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2001 11:00 PM ET
Ian Lavender will join the cast of the venerable British soap opera EastEnders as a gay character who attracts the attentions of a straight woman, reports BBC News. Lavender, well-known to U.K. audiences for his role on the sitcom Dad's Army, will turn up in November to help put on a pantomime, only to find himself the object of the affections of the sharp-tongued Pauline Fowler, who's been having man trouble. The popular EastEnders regularly draws between 10 and 14 million viewers.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'