Marc Blitzstein's No for an Answer opens in San Francisco
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2001 11:00 PM ET
The American Conservatory Theater Master of Fine Arts Program presents the world premiere staging of gay composer Marc Blitzstein's No for an Answer, a musical drama about working-class men and women struggling against social injustice, on Monday, October 22. The show premiered as a benefit concert in 1941 (featuring a 20-year-old Carol Channing accompanied by the composer at the piano), but its left-of-center politics kept the show from ever securing funding for a stage run. Blitzstein is best known for his Depression-era musical The Cradle Will Rock. No for an Answer runs through November 10 at the Zeum Theater at Yerba Buena Gardens in San Francisco. For tickets, call (415) 749-2228 or visit www.act-sfbay.org.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model