Marc Blitzstein's No for an Answer opens in San Francisco
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 23 2001 12:00 AM ET
The American Conservatory Theater Master of Fine Arts Program presents the world premiere staging of gay composer Marc Blitzstein's No for an Answer, a musical drama about working-class men and women struggling against social injustice, on Monday, October 22. The show premiered as a benefit concert in 1941 (featuring a 20-year-old Carol Channing accompanied by the composer at the piano), but its left-of-center politics kept the show from ever securing funding for a stage run. Blitzstein is best known for his Depression-era musical The Cradle Will Rock. No for an Answer runs through November 10 at the Zeum Theater at Yerba Buena Gardens in San Francisco. For tickets, call (415) 749-2228 or visit www.act-sfbay.org.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- WATCH: As Marriage Equality Spreads, Judge Rules NOM Can't Recoup $700K in Legal Fees
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes