Ashley Judd may play Mrs. Cole Porter
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that actress Ashley Judd is in negotiations to play Linda Lee Porter opposite Kevin Kline in De-Lovely, an upcoming film biography of gay composer Cole Porter. The Irwin Winkler film will portray Linda Lee as Cole's muse, who married him knowing he was gay and who inspired his music and nursed him after his horseback riding accident. Cole Porter stopped writing songs after Linda Lee's death. De-Lovely is scheduled to start shooting May 5 in London.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'