Ashley Judd may play Mrs. Cole Porter
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that actress Ashley Judd is in negotiations to play Linda Lee Porter opposite Kevin Kline in De-Lovely, an upcoming film biography of gay composer Cole Porter. The Irwin Winkler film will portray Linda Lee as Cole's muse, who married him knowing he was gay and who inspired his music and nursed him after his horseback riding accident. Cole Porter stopped writing songs after Linda Lee's death. De-Lovely is scheduled to start shooting May 5 in London.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'