Ashley Judd may play Mrs. Cole Porter
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that actress Ashley Judd is in negotiations to play Linda Lee Porter opposite Kevin Kline in De-Lovely, an upcoming film biography of gay composer Cole Porter. The Irwin Winkler film will portray Linda Lee as Cole's muse, who married him knowing he was gay and who inspired his music and nursed him after his horseback riding accident. Cole Porter stopped writing songs after Linda Lee's death. De-Lovely is scheduled to start shooting May 5 in London.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular 2 hours 28 min ago
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 5:38 PM