Ashley Judd may play Mrs. Cole Porter
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that actress Ashley Judd is in negotiations to play Linda Lee Porter opposite Kevin Kline in De-Lovely, an upcoming film biography of gay composer Cole Porter. The Irwin Winkler film will portray Linda Lee as Cole's muse, who married him knowing he was gay and who inspired his music and nursed him after his horseback riding accident. Cole Porter stopped writing songs after Linda Lee's death. De-Lovely is scheduled to start shooting May 5 in London.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating