Ashley Judd may play Mrs. Cole Porter
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that actress Ashley Judd is in negotiations to play Linda Lee Porter opposite Kevin Kline in De-Lovely, an upcoming film biography of gay composer Cole Porter. The Irwin Winkler film will portray Linda Lee as Cole's muse, who married him knowing he was gay and who inspired his music and nursed him after his horseback riding accident. Cole Porter stopped writing songs after Linda Lee's death. De-Lovely is scheduled to start shooting May 5 in London.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback