Lesbian themes may now be missing from Gigli
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 16 2003 11:00 PM ET
MSNBC.com columnist Jeannette Walls reports that Jennifer Lopez's character in the upcoming film Gigli may no longer be a lesbian. Walls cites reports that the film, about two mob enforcers (Lopez and Ben Affleck) who fall in love, was originally set to be marketed as an action movie but is not being sold as a romantic comedy after test audiences showed that men didn't like the film but women found it more appealing. During filming, Lopez's assassin character was a lesbian, but sources say that the character's queer sexuality has been played down or possibly even excised entirely.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'