Lesbian themes may now be missing from Gigli
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com columnist Jeannette Walls reports that Jennifer Lopez's character in the upcoming film Gigli may no longer be a lesbian. Walls cites reports that the film, about two mob enforcers (Lopez and Ben Affleck) who fall in love, was originally set to be marketed as an action movie but is not being sold as a romantic comedy after test audiences showed that men didn't like the film but women found it more appealing. During filming, Lopez's assassin character was a lesbian, but sources say that the character's queer sexuality has been played down or possibly even excised entirely.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Students Silence Antigay Preacher With Song of Love