Lesbian themes may now be missing from Gigli
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com columnist Jeannette Walls reports that Jennifer Lopez's character in the upcoming film Gigli may no longer be a lesbian. Walls cites reports that the film, about two mob enforcers (Lopez and Ben Affleck) who fall in love, was originally set to be marketed as an action movie but is not being sold as a romantic comedy after test audiences showed that men didn't like the film but women found it more appealing. During filming, Lopez's assassin character was a lesbian, but sources say that the character's queer sexuality has been played down or possibly even excised entirely.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad