Lesbian themes may now be missing from Gigli
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com columnist Jeannette Walls reports that Jennifer Lopez's character in the upcoming film Gigli may no longer be a lesbian. Walls cites reports that the film, about two mob enforcers (Lopez and Ben Affleck) who fall in love, was originally set to be marketed as an action movie but is not being sold as a romantic comedy after test audiences showed that men didn't like the film but women found it more appealing. During filming, Lopez's assassin character was a lesbian, but sources say that the character's queer sexuality has been played down or possibly even excised entirely.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy