Project Greenlight winner returns with gay-themed film
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
Pete Jones, who wrote and directed Miramax Films' Stolen Summer as part of his win in last year's Project Greenlight competition, is readying his follow-up project. Jones will direct the indie feature Doubting Riley, which he wrote and will star in and produce. The project, which goes into production this week in Chicago, tells the story of an Irish Catholic family who learns that one of their siblings is gay. Jones will play the lead role of Bobby, the blue-collar youngest brother in the family who attempts to profess his homosexuality to his doubting brothers. Riley is budgeted at about $1 million, with financing coming from independent investors in Chicago.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet