John Waters returns as Independent Spirit Awards host
January 22 2004 1:00 AM ET
John Waters will serve as master of ceremonies at the 2004 Independent Spirit Awards on February 28. It will be the fourth year that the director--whose next feature is A Dirty Shame, starring Tracey Ullman, Johnny Knoxville, Selma Blair, and Chris Isaak--has hosted the event, produced by IFP/Los Angeles. "Hosting the Independent Spirit Awards is the perfect job," Waters said. "Every year, I get to show up in Santa Monica to glorify films the Hollywood studio system used to hate and now has to pretend to embrace."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown