John Waters returns as Independent Spirit Awards host
January 22 2004 12:00 AM ET
John Waters will serve as master of ceremonies at the 2004 Independent Spirit Awards on February 28. It will be the fourth year that the director--whose next feature is A Dirty Shame, starring Tracey Ullman, Johnny Knoxville, Selma Blair, and Chris Isaak--has hosted the event, produced by IFP/Los Angeles. "Hosting the Independent Spirit Awards is the perfect job," Waters said. "Every year, I get to show up in Santa Monica to glorify films the Hollywood studio system used to hate and now has to pretend to embrace."
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Game of Thrones Video Game Announced
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! December 12 2013 4:20 PM