John Waters returns as Independent Spirit Awards host
January 22 2004 1:00 AM ET
John Waters will serve as master of ceremonies at the 2004 Independent Spirit Awards on February 28. It will be the fourth year that the director--whose next feature is A Dirty Shame, starring Tracey Ullman, Johnny Knoxville, Selma Blair, and Chris Isaak--has hosted the event, produced by IFP/Los Angeles. "Hosting the Independent Spirit Awards is the perfect job," Waters said. "Every year, I get to show up in Santa Monica to glorify films the Hollywood studio system used to hate and now has to pretend to embrace."
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict in Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City