John Waters returns as Independent Spirit Awards host
January 22 2004 1:00 AM ET
John Waters will serve as master of ceremonies at the 2004 Independent Spirit Awards on February 28. It will be the fourth year that the director--whose next feature is A Dirty Shame, starring Tracey Ullman, Johnny Knoxville, Selma Blair, and Chris Isaak--has hosted the event, produced by IFP/Los Angeles. "Hosting the Independent Spirit Awards is the perfect job," Waters said. "Every year, I get to show up in Santa Monica to glorify films the Hollywood studio system used to hate and now has to pretend to embrace."
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death