John Waters returns as Independent Spirit Awards host
January 22 2004 1:00 AM ET
John Waters will serve as master of ceremonies at the 2004 Independent Spirit Awards on February 28. It will be the fourth year that the director--whose next feature is A Dirty Shame, starring Tracey Ullman, Johnny Knoxville, Selma Blair, and Chris Isaak--has hosted the event, produced by IFP/Los Angeles. "Hosting the Independent Spirit Awards is the perfect job," Waters said. "Every year, I get to show up in Santa Monica to glorify films the Hollywood studio system used to hate and now has to pretend to embrace."
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise