Warner Independent to remake André Téchiné's Thieves
March 25 2005 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Warner Independent Pictures has made a deal with Mission Entertainment to remake out director André Téchiné's Thieves (Les Voleurs). Larry Gross (We Don't Live Here Anymore) will write the New Orleans-set American remake, about a policeman who is the black-sheep son of a family of thieves. The original French version featured several lesbian sex scenes involving the film's star, Catherine Deneuve.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples