Warner Independent to remake André Téchiné's Thieves
March 25 2005 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Warner Independent Pictures has made a deal with Mission Entertainment to remake out director André Téchiné's Thieves (Les Voleurs). Larry Gross (We Don't Live Here Anymore) will write the New Orleans-set American remake, about a policeman who is the black-sheep son of a family of thieves. The original French version featured several lesbian sex scenes involving the film's star, Catherine Deneuve.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall