Gay parenting memoir set for big screen
March 26 2005 1:00 AM ET
Hart Sharp Entertainment has optioned Edwin John Wintle's memoir Breakfast With Tiffany, due in print in June from Miramax Books, according to Daily Variety. Wintle, who's a literary agent by trade, has already stirred buzz with this memoir, which tells how he went from single middle-aged gay New Yorker to overnight parent as the guardian of his troubled 13-year-old niece, Tiffany.
Meanwhile, Hart Sharp Entertainment is in preproduction on The Night Listener, an adaptation of Armistead Maupin's novel to be directed by Patrick Stettner, starring Robin Williams and Toni Collette. Hart Sharp's next release will be Proof, based on David Auburn's Pulitzer Prize-winning play, starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Anthony Hopkins.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'