Gay parenting memoir set for big screen
March 26 2005 1:00 AM ET
Hart Sharp Entertainment has optioned Edwin John Wintle's memoir Breakfast With Tiffany, due in print in June from Miramax Books, according to Daily Variety. Wintle, who's a literary agent by trade, has already stirred buzz with this memoir, which tells how he went from single middle-aged gay New Yorker to overnight parent as the guardian of his troubled 13-year-old niece, Tiffany.
Meanwhile, Hart Sharp Entertainment is in preproduction on The Night Listener, an adaptation of Armistead Maupin's novel to be directed by Patrick Stettner, starring Robin Williams and Toni Collette. Hart Sharp's next release will be Proof, based on David Auburn's Pulitzer Prize-winning play, starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Anthony Hopkins.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media