Beyoncé Knowles circling Bill Condon's Dreamgirls
April 12 2005 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Beyoncé Knowles is in negotiations to take one of the lead roles in out writer-director Bill Condon's upcoming screen version of the Broadway hit Dreamgirls. Knowles met with Condon and producer Laurence Mark last week in New York City to test for a role in the musical, a thinly veiled retelling of Diana Ross and the Supremes' climb to the top. Condon, who is continuing to rework the script as casting continues, currently plans to start shooting this fall in Los Angeles. The out Oscar-winner wrote and directed Kinsey and Gods and Monsters and wrote the screenplay for Chicago.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- See Me: Derrick Cobb
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- PHOTOS: Homeless LGBT Youth Become Visible
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'