Beyoncé Knowles circling Bill Condon's Dreamgirls
April 12 2005 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Beyoncé Knowles is in negotiations to take one of the lead roles in out writer-director Bill Condon's upcoming screen version of the Broadway hit Dreamgirls. Knowles met with Condon and producer Laurence Mark last week in New York City to test for a role in the musical, a thinly veiled retelling of Diana Ross and the Supremes' climb to the top. Condon, who is continuing to rework the script as casting continues, currently plans to start shooting this fall in Los Angeles. The out Oscar-winner wrote and directed Kinsey and Gods and Monsters and wrote the screenplay for Chicago.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'