Beyoncé Knowles circling Bill Condon's Dreamgirls
April 12 2005 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Beyoncé Knowles is in negotiations to take one of the lead roles in out writer-director Bill Condon's upcoming screen version of the Broadway hit Dreamgirls. Knowles met with Condon and producer Laurence Mark last week in New York City to test for a role in the musical, a thinly veiled retelling of Diana Ross and the Supremes' climb to the top. Condon, who is continuing to rework the script as casting continues, currently plans to start shooting this fall in Los Angeles. The out Oscar-winner wrote and directed Kinsey and Gods and Monsters and wrote the screenplay for Chicago.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'