Beyoncé Knowles circling Bill Condon's Dreamgirls
April 11 2005 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that Beyoncé Knowles is in negotiations to take one of the lead roles in out writer-director Bill Condon's upcoming screen version of the Broadway hit Dreamgirls. Knowles met with Condon and producer Laurence Mark last week in New York City to test for a role in the musical, a thinly veiled retelling of Diana Ross and the Supremes' climb to the top. Condon, who is continuing to rework the script as casting continues, currently plans to start shooting this fall in Los Angeles. The out Oscar-winner wrote and directed Kinsey and Gods and Monsters and wrote the screenplay for Chicago.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'