Rupert Everett sells his memoirs for $1.8 million
May 24 2005 12:00 AM ET
The London Daily Mail reports that Time Warner won the battle for the rights to out actor Rupert Everett's upcoming memoirs, to the tune of $1.8 million. Everett promises the book will be a tell-all, including his adventures in Hollywood and as a male prostitute. Literary agent Ed Victor showed a 22,000-word sample to prospective publishers, noting, "This is one of the hottest auctions I have conducted." No word yet on when the book will be published.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad