Rupert Everett sells his memoirs for $1.8 million
May 23 2005 11:00 PM ET
The London Daily Mail reports that Time Warner won the battle for the rights to out actor Rupert Everett's upcoming memoirs, to the tune of $1.8 million. Everett promises the book will be a tell-all, including his adventures in Hollywood and as a male prostitute. Literary agent Ed Victor showed a 22,000-word sample to prospective publishers, noting, "This is one of the hottest auctions I have conducted." No word yet on when the book will be published.
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary