Rupert Everett sells his memoirs for $1.8 million
May 23 2005 11:00 PM ET
The London Daily Mail reports that Time Warner won the battle for the rights to out actor Rupert Everett's upcoming memoirs, to the tune of $1.8 million. Everett promises the book will be a tell-all, including his adventures in Hollywood and as a male prostitute. Literary agent Ed Victor showed a 22,000-word sample to prospective publishers, noting, "This is one of the hottest auctions I have conducted." No word yet on when the book will be published.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples