Boy George arrested on narcotics charges
BY Mike Grippi
October 08 2005 12:00 AM ET
Singer Boy George
was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and
making a fake police report after he called 911 early Friday
and falsely said his home had been burglarized, police
said. The singer, whose real name is George O'Dowd,
called police from an apartment in New York City's
Little Italy around 3:14 a.m. and reported a burglary, said
Det. Kevin Czartoryski, a police spokesman.
on the scene and discovered a small amount of cocaine
next to a computer, police said. A woman in the apartment
said there was more cocaine around, and police were
continuing to investigate. A former spokesman for
O'Dowd's autobiographical musical Taboo, which closed
last year, said he did not know whether the singer had
a spokesman or lawyer. (AP)
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People