Conan O'Brien Marries Gay Couple in New York
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2011 1:05 PM ET
Conan O’Brien celebrated the one-year anniversary of his TBS show by helping someone else make their dreams come true. The late-night talk show host officiated the wedding of his longtime costume designer Scott Cronick and his partner David Gorshein on stage at New York’s Beacon Theater. Some are calling it the first-ever on-air same-sex wedding (though Jerry Springer might disagree).
Cronick, who wore an indescribable metallic suit he designed himself, got his favorite celebrity to walk him down the aisle: Bravo’s Andy Cohen. It was a small post-traditional Jewish wedding, and at the end when O’Brien — who had kept the nuptial details under wraps for weeks — announced, “By the powers vested in me by the state of New York and the Universal life church monastery, I now pronounce you husband and husband” there wasn’t a dry eye in the house.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM