Rod Stewart: Stomach Pump After Gay Encounter Never Happened
BY Neal Broverman
October 25 2012 2:09 PM ET
Katie Couric isn't afraid to ask the hard questions — maybe that's why her new talk show's ratings are so good — and she recently asked singer Rod Stewart if he had his stomach pumped after a wild night with sailors in San Diego.
The long-standing rumor was debunked by the Brit singer, who blamed it on a vengeful former publicist.
"I used to have this guy work for me, he was a gay publicist," Stewart told Couric. "He’s dead now, so he might be watching. I had to fire him because he did something terrible, which I won’t go into. So he wanted revenge, so he started this rumor about me, and it was horrible because my kids were at school. So that is definitely not true ... I’m as heterosexual as they come."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 5 min 25 sec ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 7 min 26 sec ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 7 min 55 sec ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 16 min 55 sec ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 26 min 46 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 36 min 11 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again 1 hour 24 min ago