Rod Stewart: Stomach Pump After Gay Encounter Never Happened
BY Neal Broverman
October 25 2012 1:09 PM ET
Katie Couric isn't afraid to ask the hard questions — maybe that's why her new talk show's ratings are so good — and she recently asked singer Rod Stewart if he had his stomach pumped after a wild night with sailors in San Diego.
The long-standing rumor was debunked by the Brit singer, who blamed it on a vengeful former publicist.
"I used to have this guy work for me, he was a gay publicist," Stewart told Couric. "He’s dead now, so he might be watching. I had to fire him because he did something terrible, which I won’t go into. So he wanted revenge, so he started this rumor about me, and it was horrible because my kids were at school. So that is definitely not true ... I’m as heterosexual as they come."
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 41 min 33 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 1 hour 41 min ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 1 hour 41 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM