Trans Artist Launches Kickstarter to Fund Independent Video Game
BY Jase Peeples
March 07 2013 3:40 PM ET
Studio Fawn, a small game studio located on Los Angeles, is currently working on its first title Bloom: Memories and is reaching out to the gaming and LGBT communities for support via a new Kickstarter campaign.
The game is the brainchild of trans artist and game developer Dani Landers, one of the four gifted creative minds who make up Studio Fawn, and is based on an unreleased graphic novel created by Landers.
Bloom: Memories is described as, "a beautiful artistic take on the action-adventure / RPG genre that carries players through an epic journey following the theme of the 'purest love'; that between a mother and her child."
Ambitious in its scope, the game boasts impressive art direction and rich character designs by Landers that rival those of a big-budget project.
The creative team from Studio Fawn was recently featured on the IGN series The Next Game Boss, where Bloom: Memories was positively evaluated by a panel of industry professionals including David Jaffe (God of War).
With a minimum goal of $50,000 by April 18, Landers and the rest of Studio Fawn have served up a captivating concept worthy of support.
An in-depth explanationof the game and Studio Fawn's goals can be seen in the below video as well as the project's official Kickstarter page.
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You
- 25 Rare Photos of Jinkx Monsoon Before "Drag Superstardom"
- The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue
- Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music Q&A Quickie: Colton Ford on Sex, New Music, and The Lair 59 min 5 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Minneapolis Church Celebrates Marriage Equality with Rainbow Communion Bread 1 hour 8 min ago
- Commentary Can Marc Carson's Murder Have as Much Impact as Matthew Shepard's? 9:09 AM
- Music The Comeback: ABBA's Agnetha Fältskog 8:49 AM
- Travel 10 of Europe's Gayest Beaches 7:33 AM
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 4:00 AM
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 4:00 AM