BY Brandon Voss
August 11 2011 11:30 PM ET
10. TV: Hair Battle Spectacular
The flamboyantly blunt Derek J, who was unbeweavable in Good Hair and The Real Housewives of Atlanta, is back as a judge on Bravo’s fantasy hairstyling competition, which returns August 15 for a second season. Derek is joined by The Rachel Zoe Project alum Taylor Jacobson as a new judge and America’s Next Top Model winner Eva Marcille as the new host. We like watching contestants named GQ and Queen B bring it.
9. BOOK: Wilde Stories 2011: The Year’s Best Gay Speculative Fiction
Edited by Steve Berman, this discomfiting anthology of sci-fi and fantasy short fiction features LGBT protagonists in a variety of strange and macabre situations involving undead lovers, stranded astronauts, phantom reflections, deceptively handsome fiends, and more. This year’s edition includes the offbeat talents of Laird Barron, Chris Barzak, Richard Bowes, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Joel Lane, Nick Poniatowski, and Jeffrey Ricker.
8. DVD: Del Shores’ My Sordid Life
If you’re familiar with Sordid Lives, you already know that creator Del Shores is one helluva storyteller, but you might not know that he’s an impressive raconteur without the mask of his colorful Southern characters. This recording of his hilarious 30-city U.S. tour features politically incorrect observations, dishy Hollywood anecdotes, and dressing room high jinks with pals like Leslie Jordan. To order visit SordidLivesTheSeries.com.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence