BY Jeremy Kinser
February 03 2012 5:00 AM ET
10. DVD: What Happens Next
Two men — a closeted 50-something billionaire (As The World Turns’s Jon Lindstrom) and an openly gay 20-something (newcomer Chris Murrah) — meet cute-ish while walking their dogs, then embark on a friendship and eventually a romance following daily conversations on a park bench. Punchy supporting turns from Hot in Cleveland’s Wendy Malick, Smash’s Megan Hilty, and charismatic James Duke Mason, named one of The Advocate’s “40 Under 40” in 2010, help make director Jay Arnold’s gentle rom-com, now on DVD, worth watching.
9. TV: Who Do You Think You Are?
Executive-produced by out All Over the Guy writer-star (and Advocate contributor) Dan Bucatinsky — partner of filmmaker Don Roos — with longtime pal and producing partner Lisa Kudrow, the third season of NBC’s celebrity genealogy documentary series starts February 3 on NBC. We can’t wait to bark up the old family trees of Rashida Jones, Jason Sudeikis, Marisa Tomei, Rob Lowe, Edie Falco, Rita Wilson, Blair Underwood, Helen Hunt, Paula Deen, Reba McEntire, and more.
8. MUSIC: Brandon Anderson, Guitars & Grievances
As "Wake Up," the lead single from his new album Guitars & Grievances, demonstrates, the urgent wail of talented out singer-songwriter Brandon Anderson should make him a hit with fans of other folk-alt musicians such as Tracy Chapman and Tori Amos. The award-winning Anderson's thoughtful lyrics cover topics ranging from social injustice to romance. BrandonAndersonMusic.com
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: The Gay Truth About Ronald Reagan
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- The World Is Finally Ready For the Lost Recordings of '70s Gay Rockers Smokey
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays