BY Advocate.com Editors
December 24 2009 1:35 PM ET
Whether it's Vanessa Williams as a fictional pop star running away from Kathy Griffin's Ghost of Christmas Past or Scott Wolf and Jay Mohr as lovers trying to make a drug bust on Christmas Eve, we can't promise our 10 holiday movie picks are typical — but we can promise they'll be loaded with gay.
1. Home for the Holidays — Jodie Foster makes her second outing as a director an ensemble dramedy about an out-of-work single mother (Holly Hunter) who heads home for Thanksgiving to see her eccentric family (mom and dad are Anne Bancroft and Charles Durning, while her gay brother, Robert Downey Jr., steals the film). One of the best bickering family films ever made, and proof Foster really should direct more often.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City