BY Advocate.com Editors
December 24 2009 1:35 PM ET
Whether it's Vanessa Williams as a fictional pop star running away from Kathy Griffin's Ghost of Christmas Past or Scott Wolf and Jay Mohr as lovers trying to make a drug bust on Christmas Eve, we can't promise our 10 holiday movie picks are typical — but we can promise they'll be loaded with gay.
1. Home for the Holidays — Jodie Foster makes her second outing as a director an ensemble dramedy about an out-of-work single mother (Holly Hunter) who heads home for Thanksgiving to see her eccentric family (mom and dad are Anne Bancroft and Charles Durning, while her gay brother, Robert Downey Jr., steals the film). One of the best bickering family films ever made, and proof Foster really should direct more often.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'