Dustin Lance Black Teams with J.J. Abrams for Earthquake Drama
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 27 2012 5:17 PM ET
Dustin Lance Black will pen the screenplay for a big-budget disaster film for producer J.J. Abrams, reports Deadline.
The film, which is not a remake of the 1974 Charlton Heston epic, has been in the talking stages for the past four years, but is now gaining momentum with the Milk Oscar-winner attached.
Black, whose directorial debut Virginia, opened in theaters in May, next plans to direct his own adaptation of the graphic novel 3 Story.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Texas Dads Denied Surrogacy Services Because of Marriage Discrimination
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home