Dustin Lance Black Teams with J.J. Abrams for Earthquake Drama
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 27 2012 4:17 PM ET
Dustin Lance Black will pen the screenplay for a big-budget disaster film for producer J.J. Abrams, reports Deadline.
The film, which is not a remake of the 1974 Charlton Heston epic, has been in the talking stages for the past four years, but is now gaining momentum with the Milk Oscar-winner attached.
Black, whose directorial debut Virginia, opened in theaters in May, next plans to direct his own adaptation of the graphic novel 3 Story.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM