Dustin Lance Black Teams with J.J. Abrams for Earthquake Drama
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 27 2012 5:17 PM ET
Dustin Lance Black will pen the screenplay for a big-budget disaster film for producer J.J. Abrams, reports Deadline.
The film, which is not a remake of the 1974 Charlton Heston epic, has been in the talking stages for the past four years, but is now gaining momentum with the Milk Oscar-winner attached.
Black, whose directorial debut Virginia, opened in theaters in May, next plans to direct his own adaptation of the graphic novel 3 Story.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over