Dustin Lance Black Teams with J.J. Abrams for Earthquake Drama
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 27 2012 5:17 PM ET
Dustin Lance Black will pen the screenplay for a big-budget disaster film for producer J.J. Abrams, reports Deadline.
The film, which is not a remake of the 1974 Charlton Heston epic, has been in the talking stages for the past four years, but is now gaining momentum with the Milk Oscar-winner attached.
Black, whose directorial debut Virginia, opened in theaters in May, next plans to direct his own adaptation of the graphic novel 3 Story.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune