Dustin Lance Black Teams with J.J. Abrams for Earthquake Drama
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 27 2012 5:17 PM ET
Dustin Lance Black will pen the screenplay for a big-budget disaster film for producer J.J. Abrams, reports Deadline.
The film, which is not a remake of the 1974 Charlton Heston epic, has been in the talking stages for the past four years, but is now gaining momentum with the Milk Oscar-winner attached.
Black, whose directorial debut Virginia, opened in theaters in May, next plans to direct his own adaptation of the graphic novel 3 Story.
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'