Hot Sheet: Spiders and Mobsters and Pop Stars (Oh My!)
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2014 6:46 PM ET
9. FILM: Bad Johnson
In his review in Variety, Andrew Barker said Bad Johnson is what “It's a Wonderful Life [would] look like if Clarence the angel were replaced by the human personification of George Bailey's sentient penis.” It’s a fairly accurate comparison of this surprisingly touching comedy about a man who seems incapable of maintaining a relationship and whose member takes on a life of its own, teaching both parties lessons about life and love. Written by Jeff Tetreault, a bespectacled writer who moonlights as a go-go boy at various West Hollywood gay clubs, Bad Johnson is sure to attract some attention from gay audiences and beyond. Bad Johnson opens today in select theaters. Watch the trailer below. – Daniel Reynolds
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program