Hot Sheet: Spiders and Mobsters and Pop Stars (Oh My!)
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2014 6:46 PM ET
9. FILM: Bad Johnson
In his review in Variety, Andrew Barker said Bad Johnson is what “It's a Wonderful Life [would] look like if Clarence the angel were replaced by the human personification of George Bailey's sentient penis.” It’s a fairly accurate comparison of this surprisingly touching comedy about a man who seems incapable of maintaining a relationship and whose member takes on a life of its own, teaching both parties lessons about life and love. Written by Jeff Tetreault, a bespectacled writer who moonlights as a go-go boy at various West Hollywood gay clubs, Bad Johnson is sure to attract some attention from gay audiences and beyond. Bad Johnson opens today in select theaters. Watch the trailer below. – Daniel Reynolds
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure