Victory Over One Million Moms?
BY Neal Broverman
June 02 2012 7:53 PM ET
After the antigay group known as One Million Moms came under assault on Facebook for attacking the idea of a gay comic book character, OMM's Facebook page went missing.
The New Civil Rights Movement reports that OMM's page on the social media site disappeared, and a quick Facebook search confirms that news. The group, which has leveled attacks against companies like JCPenney for being pro-gay, recently pounced on DC Comics for introducing Green Lantern as a gay character. After their Facebook post on the issue received numerous pro-gay comments, OMM removed the post.
Apparently, OMM went a step further recently by deleting their entire Facebook page. The New Civil Rights Movement notes that the group sent out a Tweet yesterday that stated they will be offline for most of next week to attend "vacation bible school."
OMM has nowhere near a million members and is part of the AFA, which is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Read more here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet