Victory Over One Million Moms?
BY Neal Broverman
June 02 2012 7:53 PM ET
After the antigay group known as One Million Moms came under assault on Facebook for attacking the idea of a gay comic book character, OMM's Facebook page went missing.
The New Civil Rights Movement reports that OMM's page on the social media site disappeared, and a quick Facebook search confirms that news. The group, which has leveled attacks against companies like JCPenney for being pro-gay, recently pounced on DC Comics for introducing Green Lantern as a gay character. After their Facebook post on the issue received numerous pro-gay comments, OMM removed the post.
Apparently, OMM went a step further recently by deleting their entire Facebook page. The New Civil Rights Movement notes that the group sent out a Tweet yesterday that stated they will be offline for most of next week to attend "vacation bible school."
OMM has nowhere near a million members and is part of the AFA, which is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Read more here.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers to Become First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 11 min 51 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Ex-Girlfriend's Parents Speak 46 min 55 sec ago
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 1 hour 23 min ago
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 1 hour 33 min ago
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns as First Openly Gay Footballer 2 hours 11 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM