Victory Over One Million Moms?
BY Neal Broverman
June 02 2012 6:53 PM ET
After the antigay group known as One Million Moms came under assault on Facebook for attacking the idea of a gay comic book character, OMM's Facebook page went missing.
The New Civil Rights Movement reports that OMM's page on the social media site disappeared, and a quick Facebook search confirms that news. The group, which has leveled attacks against companies like JCPenney for being pro-gay, recently pounced on DC Comics for introducing Green Lantern as a gay character. After their Facebook post on the issue received numerous pro-gay comments, OMM removed the post.
Apparently, OMM went a step further recently by deleting their entire Facebook page. The New Civil Rights Movement notes that the group sent out a Tweet yesterday that stated they will be offline for most of next week to attend "vacation bible school."
OMM has nowhere near a million members and is part of the AFA, which is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Read more here.
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists: 'We Have to Stay and Fight' December 20 2013 8:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Photo from Utah: First Gay Couple Married December 20 2013 7:40 PM
- Women LISTEN: Out Folk Duo Hannah & Maggie's Lesbian Love Letter to Mrs. Claus December 20 2013 6:46 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Welcome to the Age of Mary Lambert December 20 2013 4:55 PM
- Style Daily Crush: Out Russian Olympics T-Shirt December 20 2013 4:48 PM
- Entertainment News Make These Golden Girls Legos Happen! December 20 2013 4:44 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Small Hotel or Resort December 20 2013 4:34 PM