The Evolving Closet Exit
BY Neal Broverman
July 03 2012 6:13 PM ET
CBS News This Morning looks at the reaction to Anderson Cooper's coming out and what is says about our changing society.
Much is different in the 15 years since Ellen DeGeneres risked her career by coming out to the world, according to the report. Cooper's announcement on Monday was hardly a surprise to anyone, and his career will likely not take a hit because of it.
The Advocate's own general manager Stephen Macias shares his thoughts on the news, saying, "'By the way I'm gay,' as opposed to, 'Yup, I'm gay,' is absolutely the new way of coming out." Watch the report below.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'