The Evolving Closet Exit
BY Neal Broverman
July 03 2012 6:13 PM ET
CBS News This Morning looks at the reaction to Anderson Cooper's coming out and what is says about our changing society.
Much is different in the 15 years since Ellen DeGeneres risked her career by coming out to the world, according to the report. Cooper's announcement on Monday was hardly a surprise to anyone, and his career will likely not take a hit because of it.
The Advocate's own general manager Stephen Macias shares his thoughts on the news, saying, "'By the way I'm gay,' as opposed to, 'Yup, I'm gay,' is absolutely the new way of coming out." Watch the report below.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Bruce Jenner Tells All Tonight
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party