BY Christopher Mangum
October 28 2009 12:50 PM ET
In an interview with Britain’s The Sun, Michael Bublé revealed that his current girlfriend thought the singer was gay when she first met him.
Bublé met girlfriend Luisana Lopilato last year backstage at one of his concerts.
Lopilato, a singer, actress, and model from Argentina, was with a male friend at the time. Intimidated by her beauty and deficient in his Spanish fluency, Buble spoke to her English-speaking companion instead.
“I was saying to him, ‘You’re a good-looking dude’ and ‘You guys are a good-looking couple,’” Bublé told The Sun. "I later found out she was on the phone to her mother the whole time saying, ‘Bublé’s gay. He's hitting on my friend.’”
Bublé also revealed in his interview that contrary to his innocent image, the crooner regularly bought marijuana on the streets of Vancouver, Canada, as a young man.
“I grew up in Vancouver, which has the best weed in the world and good alcohol. You can score [drugs] just walking down the street, so I did,” he said. “I've never done cocaine or heroin or anything stronger. But I don't see anything wrong with relaxing with a joint.”
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM