BY Christopher Mangum
October 28 2009 11:50 AM ET
In an interview with Britain’s The Sun, Michael Bublé revealed that his current girlfriend thought the singer was gay when she first met him.
Bublé met girlfriend Luisana Lopilato last year backstage at one of his concerts.
Lopilato, a singer, actress, and model from Argentina, was with a male friend at the time. Intimidated by her beauty and deficient in his Spanish fluency, Buble spoke to her English-speaking companion instead.
“I was saying to him, ‘You’re a good-looking dude’ and ‘You guys are a good-looking couple,’” Bublé told The Sun. "I later found out she was on the phone to her mother the whole time saying, ‘Bublé’s gay. He's hitting on my friend.’”
Bublé also revealed in his interview that contrary to his innocent image, the crooner regularly bought marijuana on the streets of Vancouver, Canada, as a young man.
“I grew up in Vancouver, which has the best weed in the world and good alcohol. You can score [drugs] just walking down the street, so I did,” he said. “I've never done cocaine or heroin or anything stronger. But I don't see anything wrong with relaxing with a joint.”
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 1 hour 42 min ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM