3 New Love Songs for Your Valentine's Day
BY Josh Hinkle
February 14 2012 4:41 PM ET
Queer dance band Tayisha Busay is one of three LGBT groups to release special Valentine's Day related music videos with its newest creation, "Heartmeat/Lovemuscle."
Band member Brandon Lalavek describes this slow jam is an "homage to our loves past and
present, as well as a defining moment as a band to learn how to breathe and let
a song flow."
The video features Lalavek attempting to
sign the words heartmeat and lovemuscle. This was added to the video after an
active deaf lesbian community in Washington D.C. requested the songs be
translated for a concert.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out