Elton John In Hospital With Serious Respiratory Infection
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 24 2012 12:10 PM ET
Elton John is in a Los Angeles hospital being treated for a serious respiratory infection, CNN reports.
The 65-year-old entertainer became ill last weekend in Las Vegas while performing his Million Dollar Piano show at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace. John returned to Los Angeles to undergo testing at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Wednesday.
"Those tests resulted in the attending Cedars-Sinai physician recommending that Elton not perform any concerts for approximately seven days with complete rest and antibiotic treatment to cure his respiratory infection and prevent any damage," says a statement from John's publicist.
- Religion WATCH: Methodist Church Drops Charges Against Minister 15 min 53 sec ago
- Media WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer' 45 min 57 sec ago
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 1 hour 28 min ago
- Politics S.C. House OKs Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 1 hour 38 min ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 2 hours 5 min ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 2 hours 12 min ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 2 hours 19 min ago