Elton John In Hospital With Serious Respiratory Infection
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 24 2012 12:10 PM ET
Elton John is in a Los Angeles hospital being treated for a serious respiratory infection, CNN reports.
The 65-year-old entertainer became ill last weekend in Las Vegas while performing his Million Dollar Piano show at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace. John returned to Los Angeles to undergo testing at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Wednesday.
"Those tests resulted in the attending Cedars-Sinai physician recommending that Elton not perform any concerts for approximately seven days with complete rest and antibiotic treatment to cure his respiratory infection and prevent any damage," says a statement from John's publicist.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere