Elton John In Hospital With Serious Respiratory Infection
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 24 2012 12:10 PM ET
Elton John is in a Los Angeles hospital being treated for a serious respiratory infection, CNN reports.
The 65-year-old entertainer became ill last weekend in Las Vegas while performing his Million Dollar Piano show at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace. John returned to Los Angeles to undergo testing at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Wednesday.
"Those tests resulted in the attending Cedars-Sinai physician recommending that Elton not perform any concerts for approximately seven days with complete rest and antibiotic treatment to cure his respiratory infection and prevent any damage," says a statement from John's publicist.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 27 min 38 sec ago
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 1 hour 26 min ago
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 2 hours 28 min ago
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM