Smiths Singer Done With Fame
BY Neal Broverman
June 05 2012 10:35 PM ET
Legendary Brit rocker Morrissey announced in a recent interview he's retiring in two years because he's "aged a lot recently."
The former Smiths frontman told JuiceOnline.com that, "This is my 30th year, and I’ve aged a lot recently, which is bit distressing for me, as it must be for everyone. The body changes shape and there’s nothing you can do about it."
Morrissey will be 55 in 2013; he started with The Smiths way back in 1982. Apparently he's had enough of the spotlight: “Do I continue as a modern day Andy Williams?... We will all probably be blown up by the Syrian government soon, anyway, so it hardly matters in the great scheme of things.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM