Smiths Singer Done With Fame
BY Neal Broverman
June 05 2012 10:35 PM ET
Legendary Brit rocker Morrissey announced in a recent interview he's retiring in two years because he's "aged a lot recently."
The former Smiths frontman told JuiceOnline.com that, "This is my 30th year, and I’ve aged a lot recently, which is bit distressing for me, as it must be for everyone. The body changes shape and there’s nothing you can do about it."
Morrissey will be 55 in 2013; he started with The Smiths way back in 1982. Apparently he's had enough of the spotlight: “Do I continue as a modern day Andy Williams?... We will all probably be blown up by the Syrian government soon, anyway, so it hardly matters in the great scheme of things.”
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word