Smiths Singer Done With Fame
BY Neal Broverman
June 05 2012 10:35 PM ET
Legendary Brit rocker Morrissey announced in a recent interview he's retiring in two years because he's "aged a lot recently."
The former Smiths frontman told JuiceOnline.com that, "This is my 30th year, and I’ve aged a lot recently, which is bit distressing for me, as it must be for everyone. The body changes shape and there’s nothing you can do about it."
Morrissey will be 55 in 2013; he started with The Smiths way back in 1982. Apparently he's had enough of the spotlight: “Do I continue as a modern day Andy Williams?... We will all probably be blown up by the Syrian government soon, anyway, so it hardly matters in the great scheme of things.”
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Homeless man charged in gay Texas student's death
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride