Smiths Singer Done With Fame
BY Neal Broverman
June 05 2012 10:35 PM ET
Legendary Brit rocker Morrissey announced in a recent interview he's retiring in two years because he's "aged a lot recently."
The former Smiths frontman told JuiceOnline.com that, "This is my 30th year, and I’ve aged a lot recently, which is bit distressing for me, as it must be for everyone. The body changes shape and there’s nothing you can do about it."
Morrissey will be 55 in 2013; he started with The Smiths way back in 1982. Apparently he's had enough of the spotlight: “Do I continue as a modern day Andy Williams?... We will all probably be blown up by the Syrian government soon, anyway, so it hardly matters in the great scheme of things.”
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'