BBC Star to Play the Gay Fifth Beatle in Biopic
BY Lucas Grindley
November 01 2012 6:50 PM ET
A movie about the gay "fifth Beatle" will feature rising star Benedict Cumberbatch, who was nominated this year for an Emmy for his BBC role as Sherlock Holmes.
The Hollywood Reporter says a new biopic about the Beatles' manager, Brian Epstein, will star Cumberbatch and be directed by Sherlock director Paul McGuigan.
Epstein's autobiography calls him "the man who made the Beatles." And Paul McCartney once said, "If anyone was the fifth Beatle, it was Brian." Epstein was also a closeted gay man who died of an accidental drug overdose.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 1 hour 3 min ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 2 hours 38 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM