WATCH: Gay Rapper Le1f Makes His Network TV Debut
BY Jase Peeples
March 14 2014 1:18 PM ET
Out gay rapper Le1f made his network TV debut on the Late Show With David Letterman last night.
The previous Out 100 honoree performed his impossible-to-sit-still-when-you-hear-it track “Wut” to promote the release of his new EP, Hey.
“It’s important to have gay black men out of the closet in the media -- and not in a way that’s a ridiculous archetype,” he told Out magazine in a 2012 interview.
From smooth moves and his ability to spit rapid-fire rhymes to his attention-grabbing shoes — which Letterman offered to buy off his body — Le1f delivered a strong, applause-worthy performance.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Booing Jennicet Was Wrong, But Was What She Did Worse?
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?