WATCH: Gay Rapper Le1f Makes His Network TV Debut
BY Jase Peeples
March 14 2014 1:18 PM ET
Out gay rapper Le1f made his network TV debut on the Late Show With David Letterman last night.
The previous Out 100 honoree performed his impossible-to-sit-still-when-you-hear-it track “Wut” to promote the release of his new EP, Hey.
“It’s important to have gay black men out of the closet in the media -- and not in a way that’s a ridiculous archetype,” he told Out magazine in a 2012 interview.
From smooth moves and his ability to spit rapid-fire rhymes to his attention-grabbing shoes — which Letterman offered to buy off his body — Le1f delivered a strong, applause-worthy performance.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- PHOTOS: The Grime and Glam of Mid-1970s New York
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod