WATCH: Gay Rapper Le1f Makes His Network TV Debut
BY Jase Peeples
March 14 2014 1:18 PM ET
Out gay rapper Le1f made his network TV debut on the Late Show With David Letterman last night.
The previous Out 100 honoree performed his impossible-to-sit-still-when-you-hear-it track “Wut” to promote the release of his new EP, Hey.
“It’s important to have gay black men out of the closet in the media -- and not in a way that’s a ridiculous archetype,” he told Out magazine in a 2012 interview.
From smooth moves and his ability to spit rapid-fire rhymes to his attention-grabbing shoes — which Letterman offered to buy off his body — Le1f delivered a strong, applause-worthy performance.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- Op-ed: Why LGBT and the GOP Are Better Together
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre