WATCH: Gay Rapper Le1f Makes His Network TV Debut
BY Jase Peeples
March 14 2014 1:18 PM ET
Out gay rapper Le1f made his network TV debut on the Late Show With David Letterman last night.
The previous Out 100 honoree performed his impossible-to-sit-still-when-you-hear-it track “Wut” to promote the release of his new EP, Hey.
“It’s important to have gay black men out of the closet in the media -- and not in a way that’s a ridiculous archetype,” he told Out magazine in a 2012 interview.
From smooth moves and his ability to spit rapid-fire rhymes to his attention-grabbing shoes — which Letterman offered to buy off his body — Le1f delivered a strong, applause-worthy performance.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arkansas Governor Won't Sign Bill — Yet
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Frankie Grande: Smoking 'Ain't Cute,' Guys
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation