WATCH: Gay Rapper Le1f Makes His Network TV Debut
BY Jase Peeples
March 14 2014 1:18 PM ET
Out gay rapper Le1f made his network TV debut on the Late Show With David Letterman last night.
The previous Out 100 honoree performed his impossible-to-sit-still-when-you-hear-it track “Wut” to promote the release of his new EP, Hey.
“It’s important to have gay black men out of the closet in the media -- and not in a way that’s a ridiculous archetype,” he told Out magazine in a 2012 interview.
From smooth moves and his ability to spit rapid-fire rhymes to his attention-grabbing shoes — which Letterman offered to buy off his body — Le1f delivered a strong, applause-worthy performance.
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene