Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 01 2014 12:06 PM ET
When Britney Spears’ gay superfan, David LeCoers, hit Spears recent Las Vegas show, he gave her a letter during his backstage tour. In the note, LeCoers explained how the “Oops…I Did it Again” singer and her lyrics had given him the courage to come out and persevere through life, according to Cosmo UK. LeCoers posted about it on Instagram, in fact, adding, “The letter explained how she helped me get through a real tough period in my life these past couple of months, and I wanted to end it all but she made me strong." While she had her bodyguard chase LeCoers down to get his snail mail address, he probably didn't expect a personal letter from her. But he got one, and he posted it on Instagram to share. Here it is.
Spears discussed how she has been influenced by her gay fans throughout her career in a December interview with The Advocate.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'