Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 01 2014 1:06 PM ET
When Britney Spears’ gay superfan, David LeCoers, hit Spears recent Las Vegas show, he gave her a letter during his backstage tour. In the note, LeCoers explained how the “Oops…I Did it Again” singer and her lyrics had given him the courage to come out and persevere through life, according to Cosmo UK. LeCoers posted about it on Instagram, in fact, adding, “The letter explained how she helped me get through a real tough period in my life these past couple of months, and I wanted to end it all but she made me strong." While she had her bodyguard chase LeCoers down to get his snail mail address, he probably didn't expect a personal letter from her. But he got one, and he posted it on Instagram to share. Here it is.
Spears discussed how she has been influenced by her gay fans throughout her career in a December interview with The Advocate.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend