Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 01 2014 1:06 PM ET
When Britney Spears’ gay superfan, David LeCoers, hit Spears recent Las Vegas show, he gave her a letter during his backstage tour. In the note, LeCoers explained how the “Oops…I Did it Again” singer and her lyrics had given him the courage to come out and persevere through life, according to Cosmo UK. LeCoers posted about it on Instagram, in fact, adding, “The letter explained how she helped me get through a real tough period in my life these past couple of months, and I wanted to end it all but she made me strong." While she had her bodyguard chase LeCoers down to get his snail mail address, he probably didn't expect a personal letter from her. But he got one, and he posted it on Instagram to share. Here it is.
Spears discussed how she has been influenced by her gay fans throughout her career in a December interview with The Advocate.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- WATCH: Gay Inaugural Poet's Marriage Equality Tribute Will Give You Goosebumps