Alec Baldwin Gives Daily News Editor the Title of 'Her Highness'
BY Lucas Grindley
June 21 2012 1:30 PM ET
After a spat with a New York Daily News photographer, an angry Alec Baldwin headed to Twitter and called the editor in chief of the newspaper "that English Queen" and "Her Highness."
The actor is also repeatedly tweeting the editor's phone number, imploring his nearly 1 million followers to call Colin Myler and "tell him what a great job he's doing bringing down the once great Daily News."
Myler took over as the Daily News editor in January. And Baldwin got into some kind of confrontation with one of the newspaper's photographers, who was stationed outside a New York courthouse and snapped photos of the actor supposedly leaving with a marriage license.
"Her Highness Colin Myler... Please don't do to the News what you did to NOTW," wrote Baldwin. Myler, who is married to a woman, is the former editor of Britain's News of the World, which was shuttered in the midst of a phone hacking scandal. "Ever since that English Queen took over the Daily News, they lie like the Post."
Baldwin has also gone on David Letterman's show for a revealing interview about the whole incident. Watch it below.
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 29 min 55 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 1 hour 6 min ago
- Media Michelle Malkin Sells Twitter Aggregator to Christian Media Company 1 hour 9 min ago
- Parenting Northern Ireland Lifts Ban on Same-Sex Couples Adopting 1 hour 35 min ago
- Women WATCH: Behold! Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Are Back in First Golden Globes Promo 1 hour 46 min ago
- Entertainment News Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream 2 hours 43 min ago
- Politics India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban 11:55 AM