Alec Baldwin Gives Daily News Editor the Title of 'Her Highness'
BY Lucas Grindley
June 21 2012 2:30 PM ET
After a spat with a New York Daily News photographer, an angry Alec Baldwin headed to Twitter and called the editor in chief of the newspaper "that English Queen" and "Her Highness."
The actor is also repeatedly tweeting the editor's phone number, imploring his nearly 1 million followers to call Colin Myler and "tell him what a great job he's doing bringing down the once great Daily News."
Myler took over as the Daily News editor in January. And Baldwin got into some kind of confrontation with one of the newspaper's photographers, who was stationed outside a New York courthouse and snapped photos of the actor supposedly leaving with a marriage license.
"Her Highness Colin Myler... Please don't do to the News what you did to NOTW," wrote Baldwin. Myler, who is married to a woman, is the former editor of Britain's News of the World, which was shuttered in the midst of a phone hacking scandal. "Ever since that English Queen took over the Daily News, they lie like the Post."
Baldwin has also gone on David Letterman's show for a revealing interview about the whole incident. Watch it below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM