Alec Baldwin Gives Daily News Editor the Title of 'Her Highness'
BY Lucas Grindley
June 21 2012 1:30 PM ET
After a spat with a New York Daily News photographer, an angry Alec Baldwin headed to Twitter and called the editor in chief of the newspaper "that English Queen" and "Her Highness."
The actor is also repeatedly tweeting the editor's phone number, imploring his nearly 1 million followers to call Colin Myler and "tell him what a great job he's doing bringing down the once great Daily News."
Myler took over as the Daily News editor in January. And Baldwin got into some kind of confrontation with one of the newspaper's photographers, who was stationed outside a New York courthouse and snapped photos of the actor supposedly leaving with a marriage license.
"Her Highness Colin Myler... Please don't do to the News what you did to NOTW," wrote Baldwin. Myler, who is married to a woman, is the former editor of Britain's News of the World, which was shuttered in the midst of a phone hacking scandal. "Ever since that English Queen took over the Daily News, they lie like the Post."
Baldwin has also gone on David Letterman's show for a revealing interview about the whole incident. Watch it below.
- Media How to Get a Job With Nate Silver 52 sec ago
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 2 hours 25 min ago
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 6:00 AM
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM