Hollywood History: Get a Piece of the Rock
BY Christopher Harrity
June 22 2012 5:41 PM ET
Movie lovers will get a chance to score a piece of Hollywood's homo history Sunday at the Entertainment Memorabilia Including Animation Art auction, which is taking place in Los Angeles and online through the prestigious auction house Bonhams. This is your chance to own (or at least fondle) some of Hudson's personal items, including clothing, furniture, and gifts.
Martin Flaherty, a forrmer friend and one of the heirs to Hudson's estate, says many of Hudson's prized personal possessions are included, such as one of the sofas used in his film Pillow Talk and scripts, personal correspondence, even his birth certificate and passport.
"I know it would please him greatly if one of his beloved fans were able to take possession of and cherish just as much as he did, one of these last, unique, and rare reminders from his amazing life," says Flaherty, who adds that many of the items have a much lower starting point in this auction than their actual listed value.
The Hudson items are part of a larger collection of Hollywood memorabilia. For more information: Bonhams.com. Check out some of the goods on the following pages. All images courtesy of Bonhams.
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'