American Apparel Unveils New T-Shirt Slogan for Pride
BY Lucas Grindley
June 08 2012 12:20 PM ET
American Apparel's next T-shirt slogan is now being sold for Pride Month, following its popular "Legalize Gay" series.
This time it's "GAY O.K.," and the retailer is partnering with the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, which helped with casting for a new ad campaign. Transgender model Isis King will be part of the ads, a first for the company that GLAAD president Herndon Graddick praised for "bold leadership by being among just a few companies to include transgender people in its national ads." Four current and former GLAAD staffers will also appear in the ads.
“It’s time for everyone, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, to accept each other and thrive in harmony," said Marsha Brady, a creative director for American Apparel. "We hope everyone comes out and joins us."
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Morrisey's Gay Relationship Scrubbed From U.S. Edition of Autobiography
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Transgender Are Federal Contractors Allowed to Discriminate Against Trans People? 9 min 34 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Nelson Mandela, HIV Advocate and Humanitarian, Dies at 95 28 min 8 sec ago
- Books Morrisey's Gay Relationship Scrubbed From U.S. Edition of Autobiography 44 min 50 sec ago
- World News Nelson Mandela, Humanitarian and HIV Advocate, Dies at 95 46 min 37 sec ago
- Women Toni Braxton's Dream Role Is to Play Lesbian on Orange Is the New Black 47 min 47 sec ago
- Entertainment News Sam Champion Receives Emotional Send-Off From Good Morning America 1 hour 18 min ago
- Style Model Watch: Learn How To Charm The Camera With Marc Buckner 1 hour 48 min ago