American Apparel Unveils New T-Shirt Slogan for Pride
BY Lucas Grindley
June 08 2012 1:20 PM ET
American Apparel's next T-shirt slogan is now being sold for Pride Month, following its popular "Legalize Gay" series.
This time it's "GAY O.K.," and the retailer is partnering with the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, which helped with casting for a new ad campaign. Transgender model Isis King will be part of the ads, a first for the company that GLAAD president Herndon Graddick praised for "bold leadership by being among just a few companies to include transgender people in its national ads." Four current and former GLAAD staffers will also appear in the ads.
“It’s time for everyone, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, to accept each other and thrive in harmony," said Marsha Brady, a creative director for American Apparel. "We hope everyone comes out and joins us."
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'