American Apparel Unveils New T-Shirt Slogan for Pride
BY Lucas Grindley
June 08 2012 1:20 PM ET
American Apparel's next T-shirt slogan is now being sold for Pride Month, following its popular "Legalize Gay" series.
This time it's "GAY O.K.," and the retailer is partnering with the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, which helped with casting for a new ad campaign. Transgender model Isis King will be part of the ads, a first for the company that GLAAD president Herndon Graddick praised for "bold leadership by being among just a few companies to include transgender people in its national ads." Four current and former GLAAD staffers will also appear in the ads.
“It’s time for everyone, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, to accept each other and thrive in harmony," said Marsha Brady, a creative director for American Apparel. "We hope everyone comes out and joins us."
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule