10 Kids 2 Dads TV Show Offers Up A Real Modern Family
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 15 2012 2:23 PM ET
The Oprah Winfrey Network has been getting gayer and gayer especially with two upcoming programs that should be on everyone's must-see list, inlcuding the Our America espisode "Pray the Gay Away?" and the one-hour special, 10 Kids, 2 Dads.
10 Kids, 2 Dads, which airs August 18 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, takes viewers to a conservative town about 20 miles outside of Detroit, where gay couple Clint and Bryan are daddy and papa to 10 adopted sons from at-risk backgrounds. While the motley crew makes for a lovely non-traditional, multiracial family that we imagine is fighting prejudice in the name of love, the beauty of 10 Kids, 2 Dads is not in activism but in the mundane details of their lives. Case in point: painting the house, having a lemonade stand, juggling back-to-back driving tests all figure as prominently as the tougher issues, like when one kid deals with bullyign and another wants to meet his birth mom. At times heartwarming and hilarious, 10 Kids is an hour well spent.
Watch this preview of 10 Kids 2 Dads
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View