Ellen Barkin Has Something to Say About Utah Station Banning The New Normal
BY Neal Broverman
August 27 2012 1:45 PM ET
Actress Ellen Barkin has never minced words, especially on Twitter, and now she's launching a war against a homophobic Utah TV station that banned her new gay-themed show.
KSL, a Salt Lake City NBC affiliate, decided to drop The New Normal, Barkin's new show that centers around a gay couple having a child. “So L&O SVU (rape & child murder) is ok? But loving gay couple having a baby is inappropriate?,” Barkin tweeted Friday. She followed that up with "L&O SUV ... anal tearing not 'explicit' content, child slavery not 'explicit' content? But , laughing & loving is? "
Barkin was referencing Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, which features cases involving sex crimes. The actress also tried to rally Lady Gaga's loyal "monsters" to the cause.
The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation has also directed ire toward KSL, with executive director Herndon Graddick saying in a statement, "Same-sex families are a beloved part of American television thanks to shows like Modern Family, Glee, and Grey’s Anatomy. While audiences, critics and advertisers have all supported LGBT stories, KSL is demonstrating how deeply out of touch it is with the rest of the country."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- 20 Southern Decadence Dos and Don'ts