Ellen DeGeneres Wants to Be Roommates With Ann Romney
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 30 2012 4:36 PM ET
Ellen DeGeneres has expressed her interest in a guest appearance on Modern Family if Ann Romney accepts an offer from series creator Steve Levitan to also appear on the hit sitcom.
The conservative wife of Republican candidate Mitt Romney surprised many when she revealed her favorite television program is Modern Family. One of the families depicted in the hit ABC sitcom is a gay couple played by Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet and their daughter, portrayed by Aubrey Anderson-Emmons.
On Tuesday Levitan revealed he's ready to offer her a guest spot, tweeting,"Thrilled Ann Romney says ModFam is her favorite show. We'll offer her the role of officiant at Mitch & Cam's wedding. As soon as it's legal."
Now DeGeneres has shared her excitement at the prospect, even imagining a scenario to costar opposite the potential first lady. This morning the comic tweeted, "I'll play her roommate. RT @SteveLevitan Ann Romney says ModFam is her fav show. We'll offer her role of officiant at Mitch &Cam's wedding."
Romney hasn't yet responded to Levitan's offer.
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion