Ellen DeGeneres Wants to Be Roommates With Ann Romney
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 30 2012 3:36 PM ET
Ellen DeGeneres has expressed her interest in a guest appearance on Modern Family if Ann Romney accepts an offer from series creator Steve Levitan to also appear on the hit sitcom.
The conservative wife of Republican candidate Mitt Romney surprised many when she revealed her favorite television program is Modern Family. One of the families depicted in the hit ABC sitcom is a gay couple played by Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet and their daughter, portrayed by Aubrey Anderson-Emmons.
On Tuesday Levitan revealed he's ready to offer her a guest spot, tweeting,"Thrilled Ann Romney says ModFam is her favorite show. We'll offer her the role of officiant at Mitch & Cam's wedding. As soon as it's legal."
Now DeGeneres has shared her excitement at the prospect, even imagining a scenario to costar opposite the potential first lady. This morning the comic tweeted, "I'll play her roommate. RT @SteveLevitan Ann Romney says ModFam is her fav show. We'll offer her role of officiant at Mitch &Cam's wedding."
Romney hasn't yet responded to Levitan's offer.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment