Ellen DeGeneres Wants to Be Roommates With Ann Romney
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 30 2012 4:36 PM ET
Ellen DeGeneres has expressed her interest in a guest appearance on Modern Family if Ann Romney accepts an offer from series creator Steve Levitan to also appear on the hit sitcom.
The conservative wife of Republican candidate Mitt Romney surprised many when she revealed her favorite television program is Modern Family. One of the families depicted in the hit ABC sitcom is a gay couple played by Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet and their daughter, portrayed by Aubrey Anderson-Emmons.
On Tuesday Levitan revealed he's ready to offer her a guest spot, tweeting,"Thrilled Ann Romney says ModFam is her favorite show. We'll offer her the role of officiant at Mitch & Cam's wedding. As soon as it's legal."
Now DeGeneres has shared her excitement at the prospect, even imagining a scenario to costar opposite the potential first lady. This morning the comic tweeted, "I'll play her roommate. RT @SteveLevitan Ann Romney says ModFam is her fav show. We'll offer her role of officiant at Mitch &Cam's wedding."
Romney hasn't yet responded to Levitan's offer.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Mo'Nique: Blackbird Is My 'Love Letter' to the Gay Community