Morning Joe Commentator Jokes That Sen. Lindsey Graham Is a Woman
BY Neal Broverman
November 28 2012 8:33 PM ET
A nasty joke found its way on Wednesday's episode of MSNBC's Morning Joe, with commentator John Heilemann insinuating conservative South Carolina senator Lindsey Graham is a woman.
Heilemann and hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinksi were discussing foreign policy leaders in the Senate, specifically John McCain, Joe Lieberman, and Graham. With Lieberman retiring, the remaining two of the "three amigos" are now reportedly teaming up with New Hampshire senator Kelly Ayotte to help them shape foreign policy. Heilemann said, "They need a third amigo at all times. So now they have — now two of the three are women — now at least one of the three are women."
This led to gales of laughter between Heilemann and Scarborough. The Drudge Report headlined the whole incident as "MSNBC makes gay joke about Sen. Graham." The joke was edited out of a later broadcast, according to a report Drudge linked to from MediaBistro.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM