WATCH: Carson Kressley Says Queer Eye Forced Him to Come Out to Parents
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 03 2012 9:51 PM ET
Carson Kressley appeared on Joy Behar's Say Anything! program, on Current TV tonight, to share his coming out story.
After telling his parents he was gay in the second grade, Kressley said he didn't broach the subject again until he was 30 years old, and about to star in Bravo's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
The program's unabashed title provided the impetus for Kressley to call up his parents, just a day before TV Guide featured the cast of gay men on its cover. Kressley says his parents responded with a resounding "Duh!"
Watch the exchange below.
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- WATCH: The Surprising Way GOP Candidates Define 'Discrimination'