WATCH: Carson Kressley Says Queer Eye Forced Him to Come Out to Parents
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 03 2012 9:51 PM ET
Carson Kressley appeared on Joy Behar's Say Anything! program, on Current TV tonight, to share his coming out story.
After telling his parents he was gay in the second grade, Kressley said he didn't broach the subject again until he was 30 years old, and about to star in Bravo's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
The program's unabashed title provided the impetus for Kressley to call up his parents, just a day before TV Guide featured the cast of gay men on its cover. Kressley says his parents responded with a resounding "Duh!"
Watch the exchange below.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- Houston Mayor Sued Over LGBT Rights Law — Again